Finding a good dyslexia tutor
I often get asked where can I find a good dyslexic tutor. Here is how:-
- Speak to other parents with children with dyslexia and ask who they use
- Speak to your local dyslexia assocation
- Speak to your school
Personally I find its easier to speak with other parents, you can get lots help and advice because they have been through the same problems as you.
- A dyslexia tutors will do a number of things:-
- increase your child reading age
- increase their spelling age
- find and work on your child study weaknesses
- build on your childs study skills
You might things the above is what you thought, but the tutor will work with your child normally in 1 hour session, 1 lesson a week with homework of cause. The tutor will increase your childs skill level so they can cope more in class.
One for biggest issues dyslexic have is their difficult with having a low reading age and spelling age, the tutor will work on increase both. By increase reading age and spelling age, this will allow for the dyslexic to increase their reading ability and therefore increase the opportunity to increase exam results and better grades.